Monthly Archives: July 2014
In March I had a brain malfunction (the experts are still undecided about what it was; stroke, seizures, TIA) which has left a number of challenging gaps. I keep discovering things that are either missing from my memory and / … Continue reading
The second challenge for our 2015 exhibition was Kite. The guidelines included it must have a tail but did not need to be able to fly. Below is a teaser of my first attempt. I may make a second kite … Continue reading
This piece I originally started as an entry for AQC in 2014 but it was rejected. I have remade it for our 2015 exhibition. Here is a slightly blurry fragment.
The first challenge we set was a piece of textile art 40 cm x 100 cm using the above theme. Here is a small section of my work.
It worked. What I learned was the process requires some warmth and as it is winter in Sydney, I had to keep moving the magazine into the sun. Once the ink had softened you could remove ink with a cloth, … Continue reading
Sometime ago I vaguely remember something about altering pages in National Geographic magazines using those citrus based liquid used for removing stickers and such like. Armed with those few scant memories, i poured some citrus liquid between to pages and … Continue reading
I forgot to show you the fabric I added to the dye bath. Both pieces of fabric went in dry and they came out mottled. The fabric on the left is 100% pfd cotton and on the right is muslin/scrim.