Sun printing experimentation

Today we met at Margaret’s house for one of our regular meetings, and at the same time had some fun experimenting with sun printing. We were unsure whether it would be a success in the 35 degree heat, but we did have some success. Barbara kindly led us in our experiments and generously supplied us with dyes and resources.

Here is Barbara showing us how its done and then our table full of work.Barbara sunprinting

sunprinting

We used commercial stencils, paper doileys and natural materials to create a mask. Salt sprinkled on the wet dye also gave a good effect.

Here are some of the results, these are all Margaret’s prints. sunprinted fabric1

This one shows the leaf and then the print that is made under the leaf as the fabric is exposed to the sun. The sea salt also gives a great effect the one below shows a very strong leaf print as well.

sunprinted fabric 2

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Barbara, Cindy, extraTexture, Kay, Kerry, Margaret, textile art and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Sun printing experimentation

  1. Great Post! Love hat stencil too! I hadnt thought to use salt on sundyes!
    http://Www.Addicted2Fabric.wordpress.com & http://www.reddyarts.wordpress.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s